Rules for all Exhibits:
1. Exhibits must be entered in the appropriate category & division.
2. Exhibits Committee and the Mooreland Fair Board will not be responsible for any accidents or theft. By exhibiting, each exhibitor waives the right to compensation due to loss or damage.
3. Exhibits not picked up become the property of the Mooreland Fair Board.
Awards for all Exhibits:
1. There will be five place ribbons awarded in each category.
2. The Oleta P. Brown Memorial Award of $15 will be given to one entry out of all the exhibits in Art, Photography, and Tole Painting.
3. No entry fee will be charged.
1. Each entry must be in a specific subject category and division. Only 5 entries per person in each category will be accepted. Each entry MUST have the photographer's name on back.
2. All entries must be at least 5x7 in size or larger.
3. All entries should be ready to hang. All entries not framed should be in clear vinyl pages.
4. Entries will be judged on the basis of composition, overall quality and imagination.
5. All amateur photographers are welcome. No professional photographers are eligible.
Two Divisions - color and black and white - only 2 awards per person in each division.
Exhibits must be entered in the following categories and will be judged accordingly.
Scenic, Sport, Special Effects, Nature in Close-up, Candid Shots of Children and Adults, Portraits and Animals.
Best photographs overall and all black and white divisions:
1st place $10, 2nd place $8, 3rd place $5
Photographs will aslo be voted on by the public and special rosette ribbons awarded in each category.
1. All paintings, drawings, and prints must be framed and ready to hang.
2. Pencil, chalk, charcoal, or pastels must have a covering to prevent smearing.
1. Non-Original: Work which has been copied from published reference material or from an artist's work.
2. Original: Original work by the artist.
1. Children: Ages 12 and under.
2. Adolescent: Ages 13 through 18.
3. Adult-Student: Age 19 or older, non-professional.
4. Adult-Professional: Age 19 or older who teaches or has sold at least 3 works of art in the last year.
Adults: 1st place $10, 2nd place $8, 3rd place $5.
Children: 1st place $5, 2nd place $2.50, 3rd place $1.50.
Money awards will be give to the top three best of show in each division. Art Exhibit entries will also be voted on by the public and special rosette ribbons awarded in each category - only 2 awards per person in each category.
TOLE & DECORATIVE PAINTING
1. All wooden plaques, canvas and slate must be ready to hang or have a stand.
2. Exhibits should be made by the exhibitor.
Exhibits must be entered in the appropriate categories and will be judged accordingly.
Canvas, Glass, Metal, Wood and Slate. (Only 2 awards per category)
Children: Ages 12 and under.
Adolescent: Ages 13 through 18.
Adult: Age 19 or older, non-professional.
There will be five place ribbons awarded in each category, Money awards will be given to the top 3 best of show in each division.
Children: 1st place $5.00, 2nd place $2.50, 3rd place $1.50
Adolescent: 1st place $10.00, 2nd place $8.00, 3rd place $5.00
Adult: 1st place $10.00, 2nd place $8.00, 3rd place $5.00
Money awards will be give to top three best of show in each division. Tole & Decorative Painting Exhibit entries will also be voted on by the public and special rosette ribbons will be awarded in each category and division.
HOME & FAMILY
1. Anyone from any town or county may enter, there is no entry fee.
2. Exhibitors may enter as many classes as they wish, but only (1) one entry per class.
3. Entries that have been judged before will not be judged.
4. Canning exhibits should be labeled, dated, and in a regulation canning jar. Jar will not be opened for judging
5. In the baking category, a whole cake, pie, or loaf of bread should be brought for judging. A large piece will be cut for judging, the remainder of the item will be returned to the exhibitor at time of entry.
6. Pies will be judged whole and the remainder of the pie donated to the Fair Board Food Building. Pie crusts must be homemade, not already prepared. No cream pies will be judged.
7. Brownies, cookies, candy, muffins, decorated cupcakes, and yeast rolls should be 4 on a plate.
8. For more information, contact Mrs. Michael Kirby at 765-766-5491 or 765-730-3574.
Cut Flowers: Tuberous Rooted Begonia, Chrysanthemum (branch), Small Dahlia, Large Dahlia, Gladiolus, Small Marigold, Large Marigold, Pansy (single bloom) or Viola, Petunia (spray or branch), Double Petunia, Rose, Snapdragon, Small Zinnia, Large Zinnia, Lily, Most Unusual Flower, Hibiscus
Potted Plant: Cactus or Succulent, Flowering Plant, Foliage Plant, Vining Plant, Violet, Mixed Pot of Flowers, Small Planter, Most Unusual Plant
Flower Arrangement: All One Color, Mixed Colors, Dried Flowers
Foods: *Brownies or Bar Cookies (4 on plate), *Cookies (4 on plate), *No Bake Cookies (4 on plate), Chocolate Cake, Coffee Cake (without yeast), *Decorated Cupcakes (4 on plate), *Butter or Shortened Cake, Fancy Candy (4 on plate), Fudge (4 pieces on plate), *Quick Bread Loaf, *Muffins (4 on plate), Pie -- 1 crust (no cream), Pie -- 2 crusts, *Yeast Rolls (4 on plate), Other Yeast Rolls or Bread, Decorated Cake
Canning: Applesauce, Beans -- Shell Outs, Green or Wax Beans, Beets, Carrots, Corn, Fruit, Fruit Butter, Jam, Jelly, Preserves, Cucumber Pickles, Other Variety Pickles, Relish, Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Salsa, Misc. Canning
Needlework: *Counted Cross Stitch (sm. framed), *Counted Cross Stitch (med. framed), *Counted Cross Stitch (lg. framed), *Counted Cross Stitch (sm. article), *Counted Cross Stitch (lg. article), *Beaded/Fancy Counted Cross Stitch, *Original Counted Cross Stitch, Crewel or Creative Stitchery Picture, Embroidered Needlepunch, *Embroidered Small Article, *Embroidered Large Article, Needlepoint Article, Needlepoint - Plastic Canvas - small, Needlepoint - Plastic Canvas - large, Fancy Pillow, Latch Hook Article, Hooked Rug, Swedish Weaving
Knitting & Crocheting: Knitted or Crocheted Afghan, Baby Afghan or Blanket, Crocheted Baby Items, Crocheted Doll or Doll Dress, Crocheted Animal, Crocheted Doily, Crocheted/Braided Rug or Placemats, Small Knitted or Crocheted Item, Large Knitted or Crocheted Item, Knitted or Crocheted Sweater, Crochet Trimmed Article, Crochet Scarf or Boa, Fun Yarn Item
Quilting: +Appliqued Quilt, +Cross Stitch Quilt, +Embroidered Quilt, +Pieced Quilt, +Baby Quilt, +Quilted Quilt, +Quilted Article, +Quilted Pillow, +Quilted Wall Hanging, Items From Old Quilts, Comfort, Pieced Coverlet (not quilted), +Novelty Quilt
An (*) before a class indicates there is a class for youth, 16 & under, as well as adults. A (+) before quilting classes indicates the class is for both hand & machine quilted quilts.
Sewing: *Beginning Clothing Article, Machine Appliqued Article, Machine Embroidered Article, Baby Coverlet, Baby Bibs etc., Baby or Doll Outfit, Child's Play Clothes, Blouse or Shirt, *Coordinates (2 or more pieces), *Dress (Adult/Child-Dressy/Casual), Quilted Garmet or Article, Jacket, *Skirt, *T-Shirt or Top, *Decorated Pillow, *Decorated Sweatshirt or Top, Purse or Tote Bag, Stuffed Doll or Animal, Vest, Apron, Lap Robe, Misc. Article, *No-sew Fleece Items, Elastic Waist Pants
Ceramics: *Wheel Thrown, *Hand Building, *Slip Cast, *Combination
Ceramic Decoration: *Glaze, *Painted Underglaze, *Stained, *Translucent
Plastercraft: *Acrylic Painting, *Antiquing, *Combination
Clay: *Molded Clay (judged for form), *Painted Clay (judged for decoration), *Modeling Clay (non-hardening clay)
Crafts & Misc.: Bead Craft, Handmade Basket, *Christmas Ornament, *Holiday Decorations, Decorative Magnet, Gourd Craft, Decorated Egg, Homemade Doll, *Jewelry or Accessories, *Model, Decorated Sweatshirt or T-shirt, Painted Sweatshirt or T-shirt, Silk Flower Arrangement, Decorated Wreath or Swag, *Recycled Article (small), *Recycled Article (large), *Scrapbook, Woodworking -- Small Article, Woodworking -- Large Article, Woodcarving, Wood Scrolling, Misc. Wood Article, Wall Hanging, Painted Wood Article, Wood Furniture, *Paper Mache Item, *Potholders
Best 4 Pickling Cucumbers
Best Bunch of Oats in straw head (3" to 4" diameter)
BEST OF CATEGORY
Garden and Field Exhibits which are judged Best of Category will receive extra prize money or seed certificate or gift certificate from local seed dealers and area businesses. A category has to have 3 entries per category to be eligible for Best of Category. Best of Category winners are sponsored by local and area businesses.
One entry per person per class. All exhibits must be new!
Unclaimed prize money will revert back to the fair. Not responsible for lost items.
Webb's Personal Touch
The Flower Pot Greenhouse
Jester's Seed Service
Harvest Land Co-Op
Falmouth Farm Supply
Mooreland Grocery and Hardware
Koontz Financial Services
Koontz Lawn Care
Jacobs Orchard of Mt. SummitNew!
ANTIQUE TRACTOR SHOW